Full time (Shift pattern: Shifts on a rota to include weekends), £13.00 per hour
Are you tired of challenging split shifts?
Are you keen to adjust your work-life balance, whilst continuing to create?
Avery Healthcare is an award-winning national care home provider, committed to delivering the highest standards of person-centred care.We are always seeking high-quality people to join our enthusiastic and dedicated teams across the UK.The design of our homes and our carefully selected staff when combined; with our diligent approach to care enables us to provide our residents with an enriching life and the opportunity to flourish.
We are currently developing our brand new Astbury Manor care home located in Bracknell which is due to open in Spring 2017. To join us for when we open we are currently seeking, passionate, dedicated and creative team players to join us as Head Chef. Astbury Manor, like all Avery homes will be a luxurious, high-quality care home, where we will deliver outstanding standards of care.
As Head Chef you will work in support of our Hotel Services team, providing a comprehensive, high-quality culinary service, which contributes to the overall well-being of the residents. Our aim is to offer a variety of food which is nutritious seasonal, thoughtful and nourishing. Good quality food with inspirational cuisine can be both a treat and healthy, so no residents will have to feel guilty or left out when enjoying our food offering.
For this position it is essential that you have demonstrative culinary experience, preferably in a hospitality environment, accompanied by a relevant catering qualification and as a minimum the Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
The key responsibilities of our Head Chef include:
- Supervise and direct the work of other kitchen staff, providing instruction and demonstration to unqualified staff on simple food preparation activity.
- Understand the principles of safe food handling to ensure all food preparation undertaken in the kitchen is to the highest standards of hygiene.
- Monitor and report the temperatures of refrigerators and freezers to ensure food is stored safely.
- Prepare and oversee the cleaning rota, to ensure the regular cleaning of all kitchen areas, equipment and appliances to meet the high standards of cleanliness necessary in food storage, preparation and service areas.
- Prepare and cook all daily meals for residents and staff and provides catering for special occasions.
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to the Health & Safety at Work Acts and fire safety and evacuation procedures and demonstrates a working knowledge of COSHH assessments applicable in own work area.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues
When joining Avery Healthcare, we will offer you:
- 5.6 weeks annual holiday per annum (pro rata) (including public holidays)
- Career development pathways and formal training opportunities
- Free uniform (where applicable)
Avery Healthcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure the cost of which is met by Avery Healthcare.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.