Business Analyst £18K Tech Start-Up London
This is a 6 month internship paying £1,500 per month with the intention of converting to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the company as a Business Analyst Intern to analyse and understand different bits of data the company collect from both consumers and businesses, to then find patterns and insight which will be used to make strategic decisions for growing the business. The role will involve a lot of modelling in Excel and working closely with the CEO making this an excellent entry level position for a graduate looking to develop a career in commercial analysis or looking to experience working for a start-up.
• Understand all data pathways for inbound traffic to the company website example Natural Traffic vs. PPC traffic etc. and build associated consolidated models.
• Assist to direct external agencies to determine exactly where measurements should be tracked.
• Build and maintain a comprehensive company model that provides daily updates on traffic flow, and conversions based on marketing and advertising spend.
• Assist the CEO in making data driven decisions around how budgets are deployed for marketing and advertising strategy.
• Use data analysis to define a marketing and advertising budget based on the best return on investment.
• Work with third party providers to understand key areas for conversion measurement and work closely with them to implement tracking of such data in the right places for ongoing analysis and reporting.
• Assist to optimise and support the end-end tracking of inbound traffic from Facebook, google analytics and ad placements.
• Model consumer nurturing funnels to assist the digital team in designing and optimising conversion rates and flows.
• Work closely with third party agencies to direct them on approach to drive more customer acquisition.
What are the ideal intern's personality, skills and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level, preferred subjects include Maths, Science based or those involving statistical analysis.
• Must have experience in the application of mathematics and statistical methods such as numerical quantitative techniques.
• Deep understanding of how to build data and analytics models.
• Advanced Excel or associated data modelling tools.
• Ideally have an interest in sport, wellness or fitness but not a necessity.
• Interest in all things digital.
What are the perks of working for this company?
• Be part of the genetic industry revolution.
• Long term opportunities available.
• The role provides data directly to CEO and founder of the company.
• This is a key hire in the company that will get a lot of exposure.
• Experience in working with external agencies, talented scientists and a very entrepreneurial team.
• Own DNA testing to understand your own genetics!