Quantity Surveyor - Highways
PSR Solutions are currently looking for a The Quantity Surveyor to join a successful Tier 1 civil contractor specialising in the highways and surfacing industry. You will be a member of the team with functional reporting to the Commercial Manager. Your role will be to provide efficient and proactive commercial control of the open book contracts, including subcontract opportunities for other contractors.
- Monthly internal and Contract Financial Reporting.
- Estimating for Works Packages tendering for variations issued by the client.
- Management of Subcontract Payments, in accordance with the requirements of the contract.
- Management of valuations and applications for payment from the client, in accordance with the requirements of the contract.
- Liaison with the Client's commercial team in a spirit of openness and mutual trust and transparency.
- Commercial Record keeping in relation to the client's KPI's and their commercial impact.
- Diary management for Contracts Manager.
- To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager.
- To ensure that all operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or equivalent
- Chartered institute of public relations (cipr) Member or a willingness to work towards
- NEC ECC, Option A, C & E experience
- Open book accounting experience essential
- Civils and Surfacing Works - essential
- Financial Management
- Contract Administration
- Cost Control
- Personal Organisation
- Time Management
- Relationship Management
- Decision Making & Accountability
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS:
- Excellent commercial & contractual skills are essential
- Communication & relationship management skills are essential.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- IT literate - Microsoft Office
- Suite Essential, Causeway preferred
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Continually review and improvement performance
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to resolve issues in a friendly and efficient manner whilst maintaining excellent client relations
If this is something that would be of interest to you then please call me on 07909090029 or 02038000055 or alternatively email me on .