Maintenance / Facility Engineer
Maintenance / Facility Engineer, Sandiacre Nottingham, Rail Industry
We are recruiting for a Maintenance / Facility Engineer on behalf of a leading Company who are at the forefront of the railroad revolution, with a blend of history and innovation that drives them each day.
The Company, part of a larger leading Company, have a number of facilities in the UK; where they undertake the manufacture of specialist parts for the rail industry, with around three quarters of their product going into the rail infrastructure in the UK. They take pride in the high standard of their product and the service that they deliver to their customers.
- Reporting to the Section Manager, the candidate will undertake maintenance and repair of all site facilities, plant and equipment. The role will also involve the upkeep of all relevant documentation
- Perform normal maintenance duties when and where necessary and any other duties as apparent or assigned, including supervision of staff / contractors out of normal working hours.
- To maintain documentation relevant to Maintenance activities.
- Lead, initiate, support and sustain change. This includes but is not limited to process & procedure changes made as a result of continuous improvements activities such as rapid improvement events, lean (CPS) and 5S/Work place organisation (WPO) activities.
- Identify, plan, present and implement continuous improvement ideas and projects.
- Monitor employees and contractors, to ensure they are working safely, at all times, and are using the appropriate or required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Assist in the coordination of a safety culture & workload, with reference to, departmental resources, with a duty to achieve maintenance cover, for times and areas as required within the plant, raising / issuing of PTW and to evaluate safe working procedures.
- Reports and maintains machinery breakdown / PPM status and a handover book, to ensure prompt attention and reduce waste.
- Provide realistic time / cost estimates for completions of specific maintenance tasks.
- Work with specific employees on non-conformance issues or quality-related matters.
- Assist in the training/ or train employees on processes and procedures
The Ideal Candidate:
- Time served apprenticeship with accompanying academic qualifications in Maintenance
- Electricians must have the current certificate in 'The Requirements For Electrical Installations' (17th edition at present)
- Fault finding and repair of plant and machinery and planned preventive maintenance experience
Shift Pattern: Shifts are on a 3 shift rotation
Salary: £27,889 - £29,173, with shift allowance
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people in the following: Nottingham, Derby, Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Doncaster, Sheffield, Barnsley, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, South Yorkshire, East Midlands, Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrician, Mechanic, Multiskilled Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Supervisor, Team Leader, PPM, Manufacturing, Manufacturer, Rail, Railway Industry, Locomotive