O’Neill & Brennan are proud to working in partnership with one of the UK’s leading Contractors. The organisation strives for excellence and installs true values.
Covering diverse sectors from Social Housing, Private Tennents, Retail & Leisure, Student Accommodation, Hotel’s and High End Fit Out.
A Quantity Surveyor with relevant experience to join the busy Surveying department. The surveyor will ensure the Project Quantity Surveying functions for the Division are completed to professional standards within agreed time and cost budgets. The individual must be able to manage both Main contractors and Sub Contractors and be diverse in both.
- Take off quantities for tendering / cost plan purposes, budget control and pre-agreement of accounts
- Assist Commercial Bid Team in tender preparations
- Estimating duties and other pre-contract surveying duties as required from time to time.
- Assist Team Leader in the appointment of Subcontractors on designated subcontract conditions
- Maintain accurate records to assist in preparation of valuations and cost value reconciliation sheets
- Undertake cost investigations as required
- Measurement and agreement of subcontract accounts
- Identification, measurement and agreement of variations
- Identification of added value opportunities within measurement and contract conditions
- Monitoring of monthly cash flow in comparison to budgeted cash flow
- Advice to management on contractual matters
- Measurement and agreement of Project Final Accounts
- Attend and give financial reports at site meetings & Prepare subcontractor payments accurately in accordance with CIS requirements and VAT procedures
- Provide Team Leader with monthly cost/valuation (CVR) information for costing purposes and quarterly for management accounts within the specified time scales.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time depending on the needs of the business
- 5 Years Quantity Surveying experience preferably with a Sub Contractor Background
- Possess either a Third Level Qualification in Quantity Surveying or demonstrate significant and high level of experience obtained working in a comparable role
- Possess a detailed understanding of the MTC Building and Sub Contracting Schedules
- Be able to demonstrate the knowledge and experience required to complete projects under budget taking into consideration difficult time constraints
- Have an extensive knowledge of construction practices that can be used on site to analyse the design and propose potential cost saving measures
- Keeping up to date with pricing matrices and inflationary impacts
- Possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and Information Technology in general
- Budgetary & Financial/commercial management Skills
- Planning, Prioritising & Organising Skills
- Influencing, negotiation and interpersonal communication skills
- Self assertion and Personal impact
- Decision Making & Problem Solving ability
- Maintaining and delivering excellent Customer Service Standards
To apply for this role, or register for future vacancies, please call Paul on 07393 765 506 or email your CV directly to .
Add me on LinkedIn here.