Property Claims Adjuster - Field Based
Oliver James Associates is working with a leading commercial insurer that is looking for Field-Based Claims Adjusters for their property team. You will handle a caseload of property claims of varied complexity and value them in an efficient and timely manner. You will make site visits where necessary so the ability to manage customer relationships is key.
We have multiple opportunities across Birmingham, Reading, Coventry, Nottingham, Bournemouth and Hertford. A full UK driving licence is required for this role. A company car, laptop and phone will be provided.
- Have a detailed knowledge of all aspects of Domestic & Commercial claims, processes and be able to interpret and apply policy cover, terms and conditions as appropriate
- Have a detailed knowledge of Building structures including foundations, walls, spanning members their performance and the nature of building materials and material pathology such as freeze-thaw cycle, moisture gradients, rising damp, creep, chemical attack.
- Have a thorough understanding of the nature of building defects and their causes.
- Be able to correctly diagnose defects and be able to identify the most appropriate remedial action
- Understand the principles of building repair and maintenance
- Have detailed knowledge of Contractors All Risks, Business Interruption and SME claims settlement
- Be able to provide in-depth and expert advice to Customers, Clients and other Loss Adjusters
Key Skills / Experience Required:
- Strong understanding of the UK Commercial Property claims market, with the ability to handle a claims from initial notification through to settlement
- Previous experience working in a field-based claims adjusting role
- Strong customer facing capability
- Ability to build relationships with Brokers, Third Parties and Legal Professionals
- CII preferred but not essential
Sunil Talati at Oliver James Associates: 0203 8619158 or