Financial Accountant - Interim
A new opening has arisen within a large service provider based in Stockport for a Financial Accountant on a fixed term 12 month contract to cover Maternity.
- Completion to timetable of accurate VAT returns for each division on a period basis.
- Production of the GRNI report on a period basis for issue to the Management Accounts team.
- Preparation and posting of central journals.
- Production and circulation of standard Oracle reports to assist the management accounts team in the period end process.
- Ensuring all VAT and GRNI balance sheet accounts are reconciled to supporting documentary evidence and that all reconciliations and support are referenced and filed on the period end file.
- Review and overseeing the production of selected supplier statement to GRNI report reconciliations ensuring the correct level of accrual by supplier.
- Assisting in the development of GRNI processes and controls.
- Reconciliation of various GL account balances allocated and resolution of any discrepancies
- Reconciliation and settlement of inter-company balances.
- Assist in the production of year end and interim group reporting packs and any relevant statutory accounts in line with group accounting policies.
- Prepare year end tax pack and reference to supporting documentation. Submit to Group Tax Department and resolve any queries promptly.
You will ideally have at least 18 months experience in a similar role within a fast paced environment. You will also have experience of producing VAT returns and manipulating large amounts of data through Excel to be considered.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary flexible working hours, on-site parking and other benefits.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please send your CV to for immediate consideration.