I am currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join a Main Contractor within the Civil Engineering sector based in the Peterborough area. This is an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor with at least 2-5 years worth of experience behind them in Civil Engineering and ideally a degree in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying, this position requires an individual who is commercially aware. The role itself is working on a wide range of projects for a well-known water provider, the company themselves are specialists in Water and Wastewater treatment work and they also specialise within roads and drainage and other projects including infrastructure for both commercial and public sector clients throughout the UK.
The Quantity Surveyor for this role will be working on standard forms of contract and using standard methods of measurement so it is ideal if the individual has previous experience with this. It is envisaged that the QS will have previous experience of working on Civils projects and it would be ideal if the individual has NEC3 option A experience previously.
Quantity Surveyor Position Overview
- Preparing internal cost reports on a monthly basis
- Preparation of valuations/applications for payment
- Cost reports to clients
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts
- Preparation of early warning notices and associated registers
- Assist in the preparation of final accounts
- Re-measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurements as required
- Keep site records up to date.
Quantity Surveyor Position Requirements
- 2-5 Years previous experience in Civil Engineering
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Ideally an understanding of NEC3 option A experience
- Civil Engineering knowledge and understanding.
- Strong forecasting experience
- Good Team Player.
- Good Computer skills
Quantity Surveyor Position Remuneration
- Salary and package to be discussed upon successful interview.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy