M/E Projects Manager
Mech / Elect Projects Manager required for a permanent position within the Water / Effluent Treatment sector.
This Project Manager role will involve the management of technical, operation and commercial costs on the design, initiation of procurement, installation and commissioning activities of contracts for water, effluent and air treatment plants.
Duties will include.
Coordination of the various disciplines required to carry out and assist in the execution of contracts for the design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover of water, effluent and air treatment plants. Review contract, tender and specification documentation, to ensure a thorough understanding of the contract requirements. Be responsible for ensuring that CDM files, DWI material files, QA files, and Design Risk Assessments for contract are carried our as per client's requirements. Work on technical selection of plant, equipment and sub-contractor services necessary to complete the contracts. Preparation of monthly progress reports, as well as Bi-monthly status reports, contract Health & Safety and Environmental Plans and their implementation for the duration of the projects etc etc.
Ensuring, in conjunction with the design teams, that an adequate Technical, Safety and Environmental review is carried out for each project to ensure successful delivery. Ensuring that appropriately detailed construction plans, risk assessments and method statements are prepared, in place and approved prior to commencement of activities. Ensuring works procedures are produced to assist with control quality , site non-conformities are reported and approximate costs identified, all commercial aspects of the project are managed in a timely and proactive way giving accurate forecast and estimates.
Candidates should ideally have
* Minimum of 3 years Project Management related experience in M/E industrial project delivery.
* Related Engineering Qualifications
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work in close partnership with suppliers, contractors, clients and end users
* Delivery driven attitude with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives
* Strategic, operational, technical and management skills
* Experience in water / waste water treatment plants