Lead Mechanical Engineer (Water/Wastewater)
As Mechanical Engineer you will be joining a leading consultancy delivering Design and Project Management Services within Water and Wastewater, Health, Property Development and other Local Government frameworks. Based in the Belfast office you will be joining a multi-disciplinary team working on a variety of Water/Wastewater projects. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will lead in the design coordination for the MEICA aspects of current projects.
WPR are working alongside our Client, a leading development and infrastructure organisation that requires a Mechanical Engineer to join their management team, delivering varying infrastructure projects including wastewater treatment, pumping, water supply, treatment and transfer systems and building services. Employee career development is at the core of this global company's ethos; they will fully support membership and progression to chartered status while offering a competitive salary, long term opportunities and career progression.
As Mechanical Engineer your responsibilities are:
- Representing clients throughout the planning, design, procurement, construction and commissioning of projects.
- Preparation of feasibility studies, option appraisals, cost plans and business cases.
- Site asset surveys.
- Mechanical design, specification and tender preparation.
- Liaison with operations and maintenance staff.
- Ensuring compliance with current industry standards.
- Supporting site based management staff, with respect to monitoring progress against programme.
- Attending and minuting design and progress meetings.
- Working to meet Health and Safety and overall project quality objectives.
What we are looking for:
- Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer, Chartered or working towards Chartered Engineer status with IMechE.
- Over 5 years' post graduate experience.
- Understanding of mechanical design within the water industry.
- Health and Safety, DSEAR and HAZOP requirements.
- MS Office Proficient.
- A full driving licence.
Highly Desirable key skills:
- Water and waste water process design and MEICA inputs.
- Building services experience sector including HVAC, potable water systems, fire suppression systems, Part L of the building regulations.
- NEC3 Project Management.
- MS Project or similar.
If you feel this 'Mechanical Engineer' role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact either Anne or Michael on 0289 0312009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.