We are looking to procure an Estimator
to join the regional office of a highly regarded main contractor, well known for exceptional delivery, quality and client satisfaction.Their Southampton office is going from strength to strength, capitalising on an extremely buoyant market and a fantastic reputation. With a regional turnover in 2015 of £45m they already have £60m secured for 2016, £70m secured for 2017 and are confident hitting their 2018 target of £80m. Their client portfolio is comfortably diverse with strong emphasis on Student Accommodation, Retirement Living, Care Homes and new build of schools. They enjoy relationships with both Developers and Clients direct and are prominent on many of the local frameworks in the area. Projects range from £600k to £21m with average project sizes between £5m - £15m. They generally have 6-7 projects running concurrently.Their reputation and track record means that almost all the projects they bid for are via 'two-stage' or 'negotiated' tender, preferring to work closely with their clients to secure the best outcome for both sides.They are looking for an experienced Estimator
to join their pre-construction team of ten. You will work closely with the Pre-Construction Director and Managing Estimator, working on 2-3 bids at any one time. They run a 'non-silo' method of team delivery and you will therefore have regular contact with the bid, planning and operational teams, offering support and commercial response where necessary. Aside from the traditional estimating responsibilities you will also be involved in the following:
- preparation of BOQ when required
- Commercial response both internally and externally
- Client liaison when required
- Support and advice to internal stakeholders
- Guidance to future junior estimators
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Professionally qualified or time served
- Main contractor background
- Experience working on similar value projects - Larger project values also considered
- Stable work history and proven track record
We would also be interested in more junior estimators or quantity surveyors with estimating experience who are keen to move into this role.
In exchange for your experience and hard work you will benefit from the following:
- A fantastic working environment and excellent company reputation
- Genuine career progression if desired
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Car or Car Allowance
- Family Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday
If you are interested in this role or any others please click 'APPLY'.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.