An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Financial Controller to join a hugely successful multinational organisation based in Whetstone, Leicester. In return, we offer a competitive salary of £40-£50k per annum (dependent on experience) plus benefits to include; pension, cashplan healthcare scheme and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Established in 1992, we have grown from a small UK business selling posters, into a hugely successful multinational organisation which has acquired or invested in more than ten different companies around the world. Through the combined strength of these businesses, we offer the best distribution network to our licensors and the best quality images to our customers.
Licensing runs through our DNA and is a driving force in continually strengthening our existing relationships with global brands and partners. The company’s unrivalled range of promotional merchandise includes posters and wall art, stationery, printed mugs, branded merchandise and giftware.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for leading a small but busy Finance team to deliver the required level of management information to the board of Directors. You will prepare monthly financial reports, including P & L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flows with experience of incorporating other areas of the business to prepare the financial budgets.
Duties will include:
- Directing and managing the Finance team to ensure the company maintains financial security and cash optimisation
- Manage performance levels to ensure they meet and exceed the required standards, whilst monitoring, tracking and reporting performance trends and taking appropriate action to ensure targets and performance levels are met
- Complete the annual budgeting process within agreed timescales to comply with business requirements
- Manage the production of financial reports in accordance with internal and statutory requirements to agreed deadlines
- Recommend and implement financial actions in liaison with the Finance Director
- Manage the financial accounting processes including cash-flow forecasting, credit referencing, credit control, bank reconciliation, payroll and purchase ledger
- Oversee the preparation and filing of all statutory accounts and returns
- Liaise with the Company’s bankers, statutory bodies and professional advisers such as HMRC
The successful Financial Controller will have:
- Experience of managing a small team in a similar role
- Be qualified or qualified by experience
- Be commercially aware with a ‘hands-on’ approach
- Organised with the ability to plan and prioritise
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a desire to build strong working relationships
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
The successful candidate will need to be available to commence employment by the end of May / beginning of June 2017.
Please apply online.