JOB TITLE: Construction Buyer
JOB REF: J028762
SALARY: £22,000 - £24,000
An opportunity has arisen to join a York based construction company as a Buyer. This is an exciting and busy time for the company so the successful applicant will have a background in the construction industry and will be rewarded with a varied and interesting role and an excellent working environment. You will have an understanding of construction materials and specs, working with the site manager to understand requirements and obtain the best quality products, on time and for the lowest price.
If you are looking to build a career in purchasing, this is a fantastic position in which you will be given responsibility at an early stage as well as the chance to progress and develop your skills and experience. You don’t necessarily need to have a background in buying.
You will be working within the purchasing department sourcing products from company approved suppliers, as well as sourcing new suppliers as needed. You will be required to develop industry knowledge and market awareness and assist the Senior Buyer to support and advise on all aspects of customer requirements.
• Analysing customer requirements and establishing quantities required
• Working closely with site managers to ensure expectations are realistic
• Ensuring customer requirements are met on time
• Negotiate with suppliers on best price and delivery
• Managing purchasing quality controls and volume
• Establishing lead times and communicating delivery expectations to the site team
• Liaising closely with sales ensuring customers are offered accurate quotations at all times
• Developing and building strong supplier relationships and actively working to expand the vendor base
• Placing purchase orders and negotiating with suppliers
• Assisting with contract reviews
• Updating systems, keeping records and reporting as required
• Resolve invoice queries if required
Experience working in a similar role would be advantageous. Excellent communication skills are vital and the successful candidate will ideally have an understanding of construction materials and buying processes. We are looking someone who is a motivated team player with a strong work ethic.
If you are interested in this role then please apply without delay by sending your CV.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week, please assume you have not been short listed.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments