Refurbishments Manager / Property Development Project Manager
Job Title: Property Projects Manager
Location: Wigan and field based
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 plus car
You will be supporting the Property Director to deliver capital projects across the business properties within the hotels estate. These will range from £1m plus development projects to ongoing cyclical capital investment programmes as directed by the Property Director.
Working closely with senior management, on site managers, designers and contractors, to ensure delivery of projects on time and within budget.
- To successfully project manage multiple property projects from initial planning to completion, delivering on time and within budget.
- To plan and co-ordinate projects, monitoring progress, cost and quality to ensure successful completion.
- To lead the project delivery teams to ensure that cost and quality objectives are understood and achieved.
- To liaise with hotel operational management teams to progress works and facilitate support if necessary, to ensure completion with minimum disruption and within operational costs.
- To attend site meetings as required and ensure all work meets expected standards and timescales.
- To maintain key supplier relationships through meetings and regular correspondence.
- To review current supplier database and identify and develop new supplier relationships, carrying our due diligence where necessary.
- To manage terms with existing suppliers, and define commercial terms for new suppliers and contractors, negotiating terms as appropriate.
- To actively reduce costs and improve departmental efficiencies through implementation of management systems and financial control of projects.
- To work with other departments across the business to ensure projects are completed in line with contract requirements, including settlement of accounts.
- To ensure yourself and others comply with Health and Safety requirements on site keeping up to date with H&S legislation and checking/keeping records of certification of our subcontractor's workers.
- Multi-site property experience in large project management (more than £0.5 million)
- preferably within the hospitality field - hotels public houses, restaurants etc
- Up to date knowledge of statutory compliance legislation
- Experience of budgetary & financial cost control
- IT literate with a high degree of analytical skills
- Experience of independent responsibility for project planning and delivery
- Commercial awareness
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Team working skills
- Self-motivated and enjoy working with a high level of autonomy
- Organisational skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Qualification in Building Surveying or Building Construction, or a professional qualification such as RICS or CIOB.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Property Manager, Block Management, Residential Property Manager, Property Management, Estate Manager, Block Manager, Commercial Property Manager, AIRPM, Block Manager, Estates Manager, Property Block Manager, Accommodation Manager, Property Portfolio Manager, Residential Block Management, Housing Manager, IRPM will also be considered for this role.