Solicitor/Barrister/CILEx Advocate - Leeds
TM Resourcing are looking to recruit a Solicitor/Barrister/CILEx Advocate for my client based in the City Centre of Leeds.
Position: Full time
Salary: Up to £32,000 Per Annum Depending on Experience + Benefits
Closing Date: 17th April 2017
My Client is a one of the leading solicitors in the country. As the business levels are growing the company is looking for a new team member to join the team.
As a member of the Advocacy department you will be immersed in a fast paced professional environment which will utilise your skills and give you the confidence to be a successful advocate. You will be a valuable member of the team who will contribute to the success of the department by providing timely and effective advocacy services to the entire firm.
Upon joining the team you will be supported by your colleagues and line manager to allow you to familiarise yourself with the company policies, culture and practice. The first few weeks will be spent shadowing our experienced Advocates, Barristers & Solicitors in court and drafting advices on liability and quantum. Once you are more confident and have a good understanding of the processes, you can run with the role and advocate in court performing small claims, infant approvals, applications, stage 3 oral hearings and CMC's initially, moving towards fast track, multitrack and more complex hearings.
- Able to think and respond quickly and appropriately.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to challenge others and justify decisions.
- Evidence of self-development within the legal sector is highly desirable.
- Qualified as a Barrister, Solicitor or CILEx Advocate.
- Previous advocacy experience essential.
- Higher Rights is desirable but not essential.
- Able to formulate coherent and logical arguments from raw information.
- To be open to sharing and learning from other advocates in the department.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of Equality and Diversity.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to demonstrate and utilise persuasion and influence skills/techniques effectively.
- Able and willing to travel across Northern England and North Wales with occasional travel to Southern areas and lower midlands to attend court.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders act (1974) and a successful offer is therefore subject to a basic credit check & a standard DBS check.
Unfortunately feedback won't be provided if unsuccessful.
This is a vacancy on behalf of TM Resourcing who are operating as an employment agency.