Senior Software Engineer
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Manchester (Chadderton)
Salary: Up to £40,000 plus attractive bonus and benefits
Department / Function: Technology ~ Technology
Hours: Full-time. Mon-Fri.
Keywords: Senior Linux Engineer/Developer - Linux, Windows embedded, protocol stacks, Manchester
The UK division designs and develops leading games in a creative and dynamic work environment. We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer with extensive Linux and Windows embedded experience to join our Manchester (Chadderton) based Electronic Engineering team.
Electronic Engineering is responsible for the design, development, integration and support of new existing hardware within the UK products. This covers everything from the electronics through to firmware, drivers, API and GUI work. Designs may be in house or outsourced and cover a wide gamut of disciplines from embedded controllers to screens and tablets.
As a Senior Software Developer you will be working on a wide variety of projects that spans the entire product range from newly developed hardware to high level GUI and web services development.
* Responsible for product design and development for the entire product life cycle from conception to obsolescence.
* Working with the existing team, internal and external customers to design, document, implement, debug and maintain hardware and peripherals within products for the UK and overseas.
* Provide expertise on existing and new technologies to customers/stakeholders to incorporate into new designs/developments.
* Understand production and QA processes involved in manufacturing to ensure the timely delivery of products.
* To make minimal impact design and engineering changes to ensure the most desirable outcomes for the company and its customers.
* Linux and Windows embedded OS development tools.
* Linux and Windows OS design, installation and deployment.
* Embedded software development (ARM, PIC, Freescale etc).
* Knowledge of protocol stacks (from basic RS232 to TCP/IP etc).
* API design, development and implementation.
* Low level development tools and languages (such as C/C++, Visual Studio etc).
* Web application development tools and languages (such as HTML, Java, Python, Ruby etc).
* An understanding of long-life cycle design and development
* Full product development life cycle.
* Knowledge of gaming industry protocol stacks (CCTalk, ID003 etc).
* Protocol design experience.
* Hardware development and design processes.
* Knowledge of production development and quality processes.
* Understanding the legal processes involved in licencing products, software and technology, non-disclosure agreements and sharing of information.
The role is often customer facing and may require working with customers' engineers and third party developers directly, therefore occasional travel for on-site meetings is required.
Our investment in talent keeps us at the cutting edge of the gaming industry as our team continues to develop the best new products that customers love to play. The company has a rich heritage in the UK gaming market and now has the support of global gaming parent company, which employs 8,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus as well as career development opportunities.
Please send us your details via 'Apply' (be sure to include a valid email address) and you will be emailed a link to apply online.