Graduate Accounts Assistant role within a Financial Services institution based in the City of London.
My Client is looking for a minimum of a 2:1 degree and 2 Years relevant experience.
They are a Financial Services company working with Insurance and Reinsurance companies internationally.
Responsible for processing payments required by the business including (but not limited to):Setting up of Vendors Processing Invoices Reinsurance Payments Opex Payments Processing expenses Internal Bank to Bank Transfers Management and resolution of general Accounts Payable/Treasury queries - 25%Assisting the Treasury Operations Manager in Treasury related matters including (but not limited to):Cash flow forecasting Monitoring of HSBC balances and managing counterparty exposure Management of the HSBC bank relationship Assisting in collateral settlement process - 15%
Responsible for Treasury and Accounts Payable-related reporting and controls including (but not limited to):Journal entries Balance sheet reconciliations (Bank and Accounts Payable) Finalisation of reinsurance payments/receipts Solvency II and SOx Cash & Bank and Accounts Payable process narratives - 20%
Preparation of annual statutory IFRS accounts for PLRS legal entity including (but not limited to):Co-ordinating the timely delivery of information from internal customers Preparation of Notes to the financial statements - 15%Preparation of quarterly VAT returns. - 10%
Responsible for accruals and prepayments related reporting and controls for the PL Re Europe business unit including (but not limited to):Maintaining relevant schedules Journal entries Balance sheet reconciliations Maintaining the fixed asset register - 10%Ad-hoc requests and project work - 5%
ProfileQualifications & ExpertiseQualifications:
- 2:1 Degree from a relevant field
- Strong A-Levels
- Significant experience in a busy Accounts Payable role
- Experience processing high volume invoices
- Competent in the use of PeopleSoft
- Experience with debits and credits or studying towards an accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT)
- Accustomed to managing internal and external queries in a timely manner
- Organised approach to tasks and demonstrates an ability to manage multiple pieces of work effectively.
- Strong Interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage relationships.
- Demonstrates an appropriate level of technical skills for their role and an appreciation of current issues affecting their profession and the life reinsurance industry.
- Takes responsibility for the quality, completeness and accuracy of work.
- Shows initiative, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Critically evaluates and challenges current work practices.
- Is able to deal with challenging deadlines and prioritises effectively.
- Provides accurate and timely updates on status of work and escalates issues appropriately.
- Participates actively in meetings, has 'meeting presence'.
- Is a committed team member who shares information, knowledge and experience openly.
- Communicates in a clear and practical manner both verbally and in writing.
- Has a good timekeeping and attendance record.
The successful applicant will receive £25,000-£30,000 plus study support and a large opportunity for progression.