Financial Analysis and Strategy Manager - Government Body
The post holder reporting to the Deputy Director Finance will be responsible for the management of the Financial Strategy and Analysis team, working closely with the Chief Operating Group, and Authority on reporting wide financial results, leading financial governance and delivering financial planning.
Client DetailsMy client is a large Public Sector body who are looking for a Financial Analysis and Strategy Manager to join their impressive finance team following a restructure.This a great development and progression opportunity for the right candidate based in Central London.
- Accountable for the detailed development and reporting of a revenue budget of approx.£300 million and a capital budget of approx. £15 million;
- Leading and developing the detail for a five-year financial strategy covering circa £1.5bn of expenditure;
- Accountable for the development of the detail of business cases which span and number of years with whole life costs between £1m and £20m;
- Responsible for the preparation of detail for complete, accurate, and timely management accounts reported to the Executive Board and the Authority Finance Committee;
- Developing of the detail for savings plans included in the medium term financial plan;
- Managing the in-year delegations and budget requirements process in line with the code of governance;
- Responsible for ensuring wide fit for purpose financial governance and control frameworks are in place over income and expenditure (BAU and projects - revenue and capital);
- Managing x2 direct reports
- CCAB fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA,CA)
- Extensive post qualification experience.
- Experience as a senior finance partner within a finance function
- Experienced in business partnering with a strategic bias at board level
- Experienced in financial planning and analysis
- Sound understanding and proven experience of delivering value added financial reporting that supports decision making.
- Track record of building strong relationships with a wide range of internal and external organisations, partners and stakeholders working together to deliver successful outcomes
- Experience of staff management
- Based in Central London
- £50,000 - £56,000
- Benefits and Pension
- Development and progression opportunities