My client are a national contractor, who work in the Social Housing, Healthcare, Leisure & Education sectors, running both planned and reactive maintenance contracts as well as undertaking New Build General Construction projects aswell.
As a result of sustained growth, they are looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work on Social Housing refurbishment contracts, based from the company's Stoke offices. This position will be split between office and site based work. Typical works will be Kitchen & Bathroom replacements, painting, windows & doors etc.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be required to run contracts using recognised schedule of rates including SOR, PSA, NSR and NFHA.
Duties will include:
- Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders
- Assist in the development of the procurement programme
- Prepare and monitor cash flow forecast for designated projects
- Prepare and submit monthly applications for payment to the Client/Client's representative
- Prepare monthly valuation reports for the Management team
- Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time
- Value and authorise payments to subcontractors
- Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements
- Liaise with Contractors, Suppliers and the Client to establish project specification and requirements
- Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers when necessary
- Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale
- Assist in the control of individual contract budgets
- Ensure all necessary contract documentation / reports are accurate and produced on time.
The successful Quantity Surveyor must have a minimum of 3 years' experience, and must have experience working on Social Housing refurbishment contracts. Ideally, you will have experience of using schedule of rates.
In return, you will benefit from a remuneration package which includes a basic salary of between £38000 - 40000 dependent upon level and experience + car allowance/company car, private healthcare and pension scheme.
For more information and to apply, please send a copy of your CV to Stephanie at Bromak, using the contact details provided.