Financial Reporting Manager
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are pleased to be working with our client a Global Fashion Retailer for a Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, with the following attributes
- Qualified Accountant
- Either Senior Manager Level straight from practice OR from industry (retail a plus)- needs IFRS/ Consolidations/ Group Reporting experience
- Excellent in person- will have management responsibilities - Needs to be sharp, outgoing and a good communicators
Job Title: Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
Department: Group Financial Reporting
Reporting to: VP Group Financial Controller
Location: City of London
A senior role within the Group Financial Reporting team, with responsibility for Group Technical Accounting; together with responsibility and oversight of the accounting for inventory and share based payments from a consolidated Group perspective. Two direct reports and one shared resource.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the Group accounting policies, and communicating these to the wider company's finance teams, ensuring global consistency and compliance.
- Technical accounting centre of expertise leadership and training across the Group.
- Currently leading the project to implement IFRS 16 (Accounting for Leases) for the Group - estimated completion 2019.
- Responsible for reporting the Group consolidated inventory position including calculating unrealised profit in stock for actual, forecast and budget results; review and analysis of inventory reporting by business units; estimation of impact of exchange rates on inventory and profit in stock.
- Review of inventory for statutory reporting, ensuring compliance with accounting policies. Analysis of statutory inventory and inventory provisions. Drafting report to audit committee on inventory.
- Preparation of inventory disclosure notes for Group financial statements.
Share Based Payments (IFRS 2)
- Responsible for managing the monthly IFRS 2 share based payments accounting process, including the ESOP trusts.
- Responsible for managing the budgets and forecasts process for share based payments.
- Provision of ad hoc advice to Reward team regarding specific proposals for share awards.
- Preparation of the IFRS 2 disclosure notes for the Group financial statements and relevant subsidiary accounts.
- Responsible for managing and owning the preparation process for the Group financial statements for Interim and Year End statutory reporting, working in conjunction with the consolidation team and reporting to the Group Financial Controller.
- Ensuring the financial statements are compliant with IFRS requirements and Group accounting policies.
- Acting as a key contact for the Group external auditors, leading the Group coordination of the audit & review processes during interim and year end reporting.
- Member of the Annual Report work group with input to the strategic report and remuneration report.
Ad hoc tasks
- Participate in other Group Financial Reporting projects as required
- Excellent analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrates a very high level of ownership and responsibility
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to communicate to executive management where required.
- Ability to manage projects over a reasonable timeframe
Qualification: Qualified Accountant - ACA or equivalent.
- Post qualification experience at a manager/senior manager level either in industry or practice.
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience of consolidation systems and consolidation in multicurrency groups.
- Exposure to inventory accounting and/or share based payments would be advantageous
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.