Maintenance Manager - Doppelmayr Cable Car UK Ltd.
Doppelmayr is a technology and market leader in ropeway engineering, operating production plants, sales and service centers in over 35 countries worldwide.
The Emirates Air-Line is the first urban cable car system in the UK. It is the latest river Thames crossing in East London and part of the regeneration scheme for the area. This is a unique opportunity to join London’s newest Transportation system!
The position currently available is for an experienced Maintenance Manager (electrical/mechanical) to join our small local team within a large multinational company. The successful candidate will be in charge of managing various shifts and must enjoy being hands-on. Some of the core responsibilities are:
- Monitoring and overseeing the day-to-day operations and perform operational reporting
- Follow and administer operational procedures to ensure the safety of passengers and employees, maintaining and compiling the corresponding operational records
- Assist the operations and maintenance manager in various aspects of the O&M program as well as other various management activities
- Monitoring all aspects of the ropeway from the platform and the control room
- Assist with investigating, diagnosing and rectifying mechanical and electrical problems
- Schedule maintenance activities
- Inventory control
- Repairing and replacing mechanical/electrical components
- Performing daily planned maintenance on all components of the Cable Car.
- Keeping electrical/mechanical maintenance and inspection logs and reports up-to-date
- Good client relation skills
- Specific industry related training will be provided
- Shift pattern is 4 days on, 2 days off alternating shifts (early and late shifts with business hours between 6:00 and 00:00)
The position requires an experienced mechanical/electrical engineer with the following requirements:
- In-depth technical training and a degree of mechanical/hydraulic or electrical work experience with the clear ability to read and understand engineering and electrical drawings
- Have at least 3 years of experience in managing and supervising teams of employees.
- Hands on and proactive, working with technicians and operators in their duties as and when needed.
- Team worker with excellent communications and public relations skills
- Computer literate (MS Office and web based software apps)
- No extreme vertigo due to occasional work at height
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Legal right to work in the UK
Staring date is as soon as possible.
If you meet the above criteria and you are interested in a challenging working position, this can be your opportunity. Please include a brief covering letter with your CV.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £36,000.00 /year