Senior Embedded Software Engineer
A Senior Embedded Software Engineer with experience in designing software for complex industrial systems is required for a permanent employment opportunity with a leading industrial electronics and energy management company based in Worthing, West Sussex.
The role is offering a salary up to £45,000 per annum based on years of relevant industry experience.
Our client is a global manufacturer of instrumentation, systems and services designed for the efficient operation of industrial processes. The company's 50 year international reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is complemented by a range of engineering support services, designed to improve the performance and effectiveness of customers' plant-wide assets.
- Take responsibility for analysing a Marketing Requirement, proposing a Functional Specification, deriving a Design Specification, implementing the code, testing it at a Unit and Feature level and delivering it
- You will work with all team members to ensure project objectives are met, participate in Peer Reviews of different project related artefacts
- Provide contribution to improvement in Software Technologies and Design Process.
- Mentor new people as well as interns on a need basis
Skills / Experience Required
- A degree in a relevant discipline like Computer Science or Electronics (can be substituted with long term, extensive industry experience)
- Profound expertise coding in Embedded C/C++ for industrial systems interfacing with industrial sensors, actuators and filters
- RTOS experience (such as Embedded Linux or VxWorks or any other complex RTOS)
- Development of drivers for reading sensors, operating actuators plus converting voltages to engineering values
- Development of embedded software for 16 bit / 32 bit micro-controllers / Microprocessor
- Working to MISRA coding standards and conducting static analysis using tools such as Klocworks and conducting Unit & Functional Testing
- Experience of developing products for Industrial Automation (PLC, Industrial Communication Gateways, Motor/Drive Control, Industrial HMI...)
Pension Plan, Private Health Care, Life Insurance, 25 Days Holiday
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information you can contact Stuart Higgins on or email
Keywords: Embedded Software Senior Design Specification Embedded C/C++ RTOS VxWorks Embedded Linux sensors actuators Software filters Calibration Microcontroller Microprocessor MISRA Klocworks Automation real time operating system ethernet industrial 16 bit 32 bit