Lead Java Developer
- Work independently and take ownership of the entire automation application project for various applications.
- Contribute towards creating automation framework for the whole programme and assist in creating automation strategy.
- Produce automated test suites & scripts using regression test packs to test new and amended software or services. Amend existing test scripts to align them with changes in software.
- Provide automation input during the analysis phase and assist the QA/development team on an ad-hoc basis.
- Train the existing team on executing and editing automation test scripts. Manage and provide guidance to existing automated test analyst resources.
- Provide business assurance by providing evidence of tests carried out to ensure fitness against purpose & business requirements.
- Identify and feedback any potential improvements to both the organisations business and technology architecture.
- Manage relationships with the business areas to ensure that change is accepted by the business before being business as usual.
- Work with key business stakeholders to identify ways that the results of change initiatives can be fully tested for fitness against purpose.
- Work closely with development & analysis teams and other suppliers to help them ensure that technical deliveries are fit for purpose.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Formal qualification in development/testing are desired but not essential if suitable experience can be demonstrated.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years' of software development experience in
- Experience in developing application frameworks working alongside system architects.
- Any experience in automation testing will be highly desirable.
- Strong background in Object Oriented programming.
- Expertise in development languages specifically
- Experience in using java development IDE's like eclipse.
- Experience of HTML is highly desirable.
- Good working knowledge of SQL and database access via JDBC
- Awareness of different development methodologies (Waterfall and Agile) and a range of technologies.
- Experience of delivering software development projects in a general insurance or financial services environment is desirable.
- Previous experience of direct line management responsibility.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems.