Trainee FA Support Consultant
Learn and develop skills to prepare Suitability Reports for Financial Advisers. Provide and support function for FAs to help the Key administrative areas of case production.Package description
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Cover
- 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
- SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
- Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
- Childcare vouchers
- Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
- An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
- Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
- Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
- Eye Tests
- Complete Suitability Reports for FAs ensuring that all Suitability guidelines are adhered to. This will involve both Cash cases and Encashment cases.
- To provide technical advice on all aspects of financial planning including taxation, life assurance, pensions and investments, to the Company’s Financial Advisers.
- To provide advice on insurance company and other investment company products to the Company’s Financial Advisers.
- Providing advice to internal departments on all aspects of financial planning.
- Maintaining statistics relating to the functions provided by the Technical Planning Department.
- Any other duties are determined by FA Support Team Leader.
- Liaise with advisers and other internal departments regarding all aspects of suitability report construction
- Liaise regularly with the FA Support support Team Leader regarding progress of work and priorities
- Contribute to preparation of suitability reports ion relations to complex encashment, pension and trust trust business
- Work completed within specified timescales.
- Evidence of effective performance and prioritisation of activities
- Demonstating the Values and behaviours
- Willingness and desire to work towards the Diploma in financial planning
- Highly numerate
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team and as an individual
- The ability to cope under pressure
- Ability to cope flexibly and work to time scales
- A willingness to learn
- Ability to work on own initiative
A general understanding of the financial services industryDesirable Qualification Exams related to the diploma in financial planning Skills Report writing skills Knowledge Some knowledge of the Skipton Group Knowledge of the financial services industry and the products in services offered About the company
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.