Our client is looking for a Service Engineer to provide a professional service to the Company's customers in respect of the maintenance, installation and repair of products and related third party equipment.
- Fitting of O.E.M batteries in the warehouse and customer sites to agreed standards and technical specification.
- Commission and check batteries and chargers on customer sites and brief the customer on the practical use and maintenance of the equipment.
- Respond to breakdowns within the company's call out policy and carry out the necessary fault diagnosis and repair.
- Assist in the delivery and collection of products and supplies.
- Assist in the installation of battery charging areas in co-operation with sub-contractors.
- Submit accurate and timely job sheets to enable accurate invoicing.
- Submit accurate and timely mileage reports.
- Provide support to the Service Director as required.
Experience and Attributes
- Good technical, hands-on skills in a related field or demonstrable transferable skills.
- Good attention to detail and an orderly approach to completing jobs.
- Strong customer service focus and skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to build effective relationships with customers.
- Flexible in terms of supporting fellow engineers and working as a member of a team.
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Qualifications
Knowledge of large scale batteries and chargers
Electrical or electronic qualification - City and Guilds, 17th Edition, ONC, NVQ or equivalent