An exciting and exceptional opportunity has arisen within the finance department of an established and successful manufacturing business based in Merthyr Tydfil. Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, HR & IT you will be involved in all aspects of Financial and Management accounts and reporting, both internally and externally. This is a "hands on" role and as such you will be expected to get involved in all areas and functions of the business. Experience of working within a group environment would be helpful as well as UK and International GAAP reporting. There will be some travel to the Europe to the group Head Office and other manufacturing sites when required.
- Detailed involvement in all aspects of financial, cost accounting and variance analysis
- Reporting weekly, monthly to local management, group and externally
- Direct responsibility from bank reconciliation, journals to trail balance and full accounts
- Variance analysis of factory costs and general overheads with monthly control meetings
- Annual and monthly budgeting and forecasting
- Cash management and cash flow analysis
- Summarising and presenting financial data to the all levels of the workforce
- Liaising with external partners such as auditors and banks
- Supporting all functions and departments as and when required
- Ad hoc duties
The ideal candidate will be part-qualified CIMA having completed, or in the process of completing Operation Level although consideration will be given to candidates with equivalent ACCA studies. A manufacturing background would be beneficial and you will have strong IT skills including macros and pivot tables as well as detailed understanding of ERP systems. Prospective candidates should also have a keen interest, and knowledge, of IT hardware, software and infrastructures.
A strong work ethic with a can-do attitude and long term commitment to the company and local area is essential along with a positive and flexible attitude and the ability to work effectively on your own or as part of a team.
A competitive salary of up-to £30,000 (depending on experience) with 25 days annual leaves (plus 8 days statutory days) and a fully funded study package based on exam results. Salary progression will be based on exam results and performance. Additional training will be offered where necessary and extensive internal support will be provided at all levels within the company. A progression and career path will be identified with the candidate for future development.