This award winning One AA Rosette dining pub in Bradford on Avon is recruiting for a Sous Chef -
The George , Woolley Street, Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
The successful candidate will be passionate about food, ambitious to progress their career to Sous Chef and be an enthusiastic team member.
This position is full time permanent, splits shifts over 4.5 days , 2.5 days off per week.
You’ll be working with an award winning Chef, AA Rosette and Michelin background
High quality regional produce and suppliers and need to be able to help deliver menus that take advantage of this. We specialise in game and fish, great produced sourced form our local countryside.
Our restaurant and kitchen will both busy, so you’ll also need to be able to handle large numbers and busy services. The George is a country pub, in a town!, an independent company We are all about great food, fantastic service and a friendly pub atmosphere. We are One AA Rosette and our rooms are Four AA Gold Stars.
We’re also passionate about building a great company that people love to work for. We look to promote internally wherever possible so there’s plenty of opportunities for future progression. Our staff development policy is to help all our staff realise their potential - and we actively seek opportunities for them to do so.
Please email your CV to us to be considered. Salary & benefits: £24,000 depending on experience.plus tips (c.£4,000 per year) Bringing earnings to £28,000. Opportunities to complete further NVQ Training available 28 Days Holiday.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the kitchen operation whenever the Head Chef is absent.
• Ensure that all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with the Head Chef’s directions.
• Assist with the development of an inspiring menu by bringing ideas to the kitchen for possible new dishes.
• Help develop junior members of staff by leading by example in all aspects of running service and the kitchen
• Minimise wastage through proper stock control and menu development
• Ensure that all EHO documentation is correctly recorded and collated
• Develop pricing levels for all dishes through consultation with the Head Chef and via accurate calculation of dish gross profit margins
• Ensure all delivery notes and invoices are processed correctly, and emails and other correspondence are dealt with professionally and promptly. Skills and experience
• Proven experience working in a busy kitchen with a quality gastro pub food offering. AA Rosette experience an advantage.
• A strong team ethic - able to develop, inspire and motivate a large brigade of chefs.
• Strong menu writing ability, sourcing suppliers and negotiating prices.
• Able to embrace & drive change as dictated by customer & business needs.
• Demonstrate high standards of professionalism & passion.
If this fits you we would love to her from you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00 /year