Mechanical Engineer - Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Drivetrain
Our Client is looking for an engineer with experience in automotive or other vehicle drivetrain transmission design and development, to join their team delivering projects for leading global OEMs.
Contributing to their projects in:
- Drivetrain design review & optimisation
- Drivetrain development troubleshooting (e.g. durability, vibration, efficiency failures)
- Gearbox component and housing design
- CAD work in CATIA, and guiding others in design work
- Creating drawings of prototype transmissions
- Liaising with manufacturers and test houses to deal with non-conformances and development issues
- Specification of clutches, synchronisers
- Specification of hydraulic and electric shifting mechanisms
- Developing PDS documents and test requirements
- Discussions with customers in meetings and web-meetings
- Supporting sales teams to understand customer needs
- Writing proposals for project work
- Project delivery
You will have:
- A good understanding of the development process for transmissions or similar complex mechanical components
- Either an in-depth knowledge of the use of simulation technology such as FE analysis, CAE, gear design software, or a good appreciation of how such tools are used in the design process.
- A sound knowledge of manufacturing for mechanical components such that you can create drawings of transmission components and liaise with manufacturers
ACS are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Mechanical Engineer please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Mechanical Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Mechanical Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Mechanical Engineer role you desire.