Technical Support Specialist: Lighting: London
Our client is the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, their unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and their commitment to servicing their worldwide customers has resulted in double digit growth annually.
They are now looking for a Technical Support Specialist with an Electrical Engineering background.
Position Summary : Providing world-class technical support to our clients customers via telephone, email and online chat.
- To maintain a professional, upbeat attitude
- Develop technical expertise regarding products, systems, and services
- Support customers by providing necessary information on their stand-alone and system level products via phone and email in a timely and professional manner
- Troubleshoot and diagnose user issues regarding products and systems
- Document problems and solutions in a central database, escalate customer questions when necessary
- Communicate effectively with other areas of the company to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Take on special projects as necessary to meet or exceed the goals of the technical support team, including travelling to job sites on occasion
- Minimum 2-year degree in electrical engineering or electronics
- Experience of troubleshooting problems via phone and email required
- Hands-on: this role requires being able to wire test demos as well as trouble shoot issues in the field
- Excellent customer service skills: successful candidates must have a track record of managing high customer expectations and delivering results under time pressure
- Knowledge of lighting controls, networks and/or AV equipment a plus
- Ability to work in a team and interface with other departments
- Fluency in English and at least one of the following languages is essential: Italian, German, Spanish
They offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. They also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered and advancement opportunities.
Lighting, controls, electrical, engineering, estimator, estimating, engineer, engineering