Field Service Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Field Service Engineer to service our growing network products. Reporting directly to the Head of Commissioning, this challenging role will require a well-rounded engineer with experience and good understanding of mechanical equipment, electrical installations and control systems in industrial applications.
The job holder will be responsible for the safe execution of preventive maintenance tasks as well as providing a rapid response to any system malfunctions in order to minimise station down time. The ideal candidate will have experience of using technical documentation such P&IDs, electrical diagrams, control logic flow diagrams, equipment datasheets, etc. to support fault diagnosis.
We are looking for someone with experience in the operation and servicing of industrial equipment for the process industries and ideally with some work experience in the compressed gases sector. Familiarity with the operation of PLC control systems is also highly desirable.
The applicants are expected to be able to demonstrate a very good understanding of safe working practises and familiarity with HSSE regulations and requirements whilst working at industrial sites. The job holder will be required to obtain a safety passport as part of the training provided.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- experience as field service engineer or similar role
- Mechanical / Electrical HNC/HND or higher qualification
- 16th/17th edition or similar electrical training
- Experience of performing preventive maintenance and equipment diagnosis and repairs in the process industries
- Experience of sensor inspection and calibration
- Health and Safety conscious
- Full, clean, UK driving license
Desirable experience and qualifications:
- Experience working with PLC control systems, hydraulic, pneumatic, and high pressure gas systems
- Experience and qualifications related to the maintenance and repair of ATEX equipment
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.