Bespoke Event Manager - Operations £24-26K
Experienced Event Manager with loads of operations experience? Bags of personality, creative flair and a healthy addiction to bespoke events? Then you're in the right place and THIS is where you'll make your #eventprof career soar.
You have experience of London venues and bespoke events already, and you'll work with one of the leading contemporary event caterers at some of the best venues in London (think Historic Royal Palaces, the Aquarium, Madame Tussauds, world-famous museums and loads of other UVL sites). Everything about you is bespoke - you'll tailor every event with intuitive precision, you're a total foodie and your passion for fresh ingredients, new trends and creative concepts will result in awesome events and memorable experiences.
To succeed as Event Operations Manager you will:
- Obsess about the details: Once an event is confirmed by the sales team you'll own every part of operations: check every tiny detail is planned; liaise with the head chef to plan & design menus and food presentation to match each event brief; supplier booking & management, from linen to equipment & furniture hire, to florists, staffing levels & timings, venue liaison, entertainment, fire-breathing jugglers…whatever you need for the event! You'll optimise profitability by sensitively suggesting upsell options (just to make their event truly fabulous, of course…).
- Bring your own flavour: Your flair, genuine warmth and infectious personality means you nurture genuine and long-lasting relationships with clients so they book event after event
- Be 'ever-ready': You're utterly focused, but jump in to help with anything and everything, so you'll get stuck in with amending client quotations and all sorts outside your main role. You tackle challenges positively, seeing opportunities, not problems!
- Juggle effortlessly: Allow your obsessive attention to detail to guide everything you do (but at warp-speed!). You'll plan and execute several events simultaneously giving clear handover briefs if any of your events clash, while also helping to run your colleagues' events
- Excel on event day: You'll run operations end-to-end, briefing and managing staff, communicating clearly with the lead chef to ensure everything runs to smoothly and bang on time. You'll know the venue rules & regs about liquids, coloured foods, load-ins outs.
- Be a swan: Yep, you'll be paddling frantically under the surface dealing with cover changes, a power outage or the dreaded "We're about to run out of ice" - your clients will never know. On the surface, you're calm, collected & professional, reassuring your client that everything's under control and that you're at their beck & call - nothing's ever too much trouble!
- Learn more than you thought was possible: The Director starter out as an Operations Manager, as you will, so the sky's the limit! It's a small team, so you'll learn loads and be involved with anything and everything. Plus you'll get a day holiday in lieu when you work a weekend…pretty unusual in the Events world, right?!
You know there are long hours (at least 2-3 nights per week too in peak seasons), the industry sends us all slightly mad, and things can get pretty stressful. But you do it because you just can't live without that 3 second pause when everything falls into place before the doors open and the event starts… and that surge of proud satisfaction when it's all over and you've pulled off something amazing.
APPLY NOW! Write 'Bespoke Events are all about humans!' in your cover email - I want to know you read the whole advert!
You know the drill - dig out your passport to prove you can live and work in the UK.