SENIOR NERWORK ENGINEER
Are you an experienced Network Engineer with a focus on Cisco Security? If so this may be the role for you.
The company is a dynamic and fast-paced Managed Services and Support provider within in the Financial Services sector. With continued growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Network Engineer to join their security team. The company’s client base consists primarily of Hedge Funds and Private Equity firms across Europe, Asia and the US. These clients demand the very best levels of support and the company require someone who can augment the company’s already excellent team.
You will be responsible for the design, configuration, installation, support and maintenance of network infrastructure (predominately Cisco) for multiple high profile financial service clients. The is a BAU and Project role with a heavy focus on Cisco Security, based at either the head office (London SW6) or client sites (central London). You will be required to be on-call on a rota basis for out of hour’s network escalation, shared with all network resources.
· MINIMUM 5 years demonstrable 2nd/3rd line support experience in a similar role, ideally with financial services industry experience.
· Proven detailed knowledge of Cisco products and Cisco accreditations (CCNP, CCNA) is a requirement.
· Desired Certifications: Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE), Network Topologies and complex routing, Firewall (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Checkpoint), VPN and vLAN configuration and troubleshooting. Thorough understanding of CCNP level routing and switching in STP, dynamic routing protocols, FHRP,VRF-Lite and switch stacking. Cisco IOS, ASA, ISE, Frame relay, PPP, EGIRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, VRRP, experience with MPLS, VPN, with call manager and knowledge of Voice an advantage.
· The following would also be advantageous: Build and Configuration of Windows 2008 and 2012 Server, Exchange 2010 and 2013, Office 365, Virtual Environment Experience (VMWare, HyperV), Market Data Knowledge, Tape and Internet Backup Utilities.
The ideal candidate will be capable of interacting with clients at a very high level, as well as being extremely technically competent and highly motivated. You must have the ability to work
in high pressure environments individually and as part of a team.
The Company Offer:
· Exposure to many different environments and exciting technologies. Excellent career development and internal progression opportunities within the business both in London and internationally.