Electrician - Birmingham
Electrician - Birmingham
Alecto Recruitment a currently representing a leading Electrical Contractor in the Birmingham area, now seeking an Electrical Engineer to cover the West Midlands territory,
As a Mobile Electrical technician, work will vary on a day to day basis, working mainly within the social housing sector.
The purpose of the role will be to carry out electrical installations, testing, repair and maintenance, inspections and servicing as effectively and efficiently as possible across the Birmingham area.
Working under your own initiative and reporting to an administrator, you will be required to deal with both electrical contractors and clients on a day to day basis - good communication skills and a client facing attitude are therefore essential.
- Carry out electrical installations
- Occasional tender works including site surveys and preparation of documents
- Health and Safety and Quality Site Inspections
- Preparing and completing NICEIC certification for all electrical works including periodics
- Completing Electrical Certificates and all relevant paperwork for an installation and testing purposes.
- Inspecting, repairing and servicing by investigating and diagnosing faults and making effective, economical and lasting repairs.
- Respond to emergency calls within the timescale specified wherever possible.
- Carry out routine repair & maintenance when required, including rewires.
- Carry out all works in accordance with NICEIC regulations.
- To carry out emergency lighting testing.
- Has supervisory responsibility for junior or trainee engineers should they accompany him onto site.
- Fully complete all relevant documentation relating to all aspects of role.
- As and when required to carry out site supervision of operatives and liaise with relevant management both on site and office.
- Take part in the on call rota (additional hours & additional rate's) which encompasses all company disciplines, suitable training will be provided.
- Participation in the Call out rota 1 day in 10
To be considered for this position, you will be experienced in all of the above, ideally having worked as a time served electrician with good domestic experience.
You will be based local Birmingham with a lean UL driving licence, qualified to a minimum City & Guilds Level 3 - 2330.
- £25,000 - £27,000 basic salary
- Overtime, on-call paid at preferential rates
- Van, Phone and Laptop
If you believe you can fulfil this position then do not hesitate to apply today. To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to Jason Fogaty, Alecto Recruitment. or call in strict confidence. Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately. We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted. For more information about the positions we are currently recruiting for, please take a look at www.alectorecruitment.com or follow us on Twitter @alectorecruit