Senior IT Network & Security Engineer - Legal IT
Senior IT Network & Security Engineer, Legal IT
The role is best suited to a highly motivated, organised and experienced networking industry expert. The right person will be able to multitask both projects and business as usual (BAU) tasks with relevant professionalism, while managing a large workload.
A strong competence with all forms of IT networking is required and thorough understanding of IP (Subnets, Routing, Bridging, DHCP, DNS, NAT, IP4 and IP6 etc.) is essential. Knowledge of Cisco networking/telephony equipment (and preferably also Brocade) is also required, including good knowledge of core technology areas of Firewalls (Check-Point), load balancers/ADCs (Kemp/NetScaler), Cisco IP Telephony, Riverbed/Steelhead appliances and Talari WAN virtualisation appliances.
Experience with wireless networking technologies is vital, and any experience with Aerohive wireless networking would be highly desirable. Other relevant skills include the ability to plan out IP address schemes using CIDR, understanding Dynamic routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF, working with MPLS providers’ links and the ability to apply those protocols effectively on the internal/external sides of the network.
A thorough understanding of the requirements of an international professional services or law firm and its use of core applications is necessary to help understand the goals of the end users and what they expect in terms of service from the underlying IT networking infrastructure.
- A minimum of 5+ years experienced networking, firewall and telephony expert, preferably in legal sector
- Help manage day-to-day running of the global network infrastructure.
- Create and maintain/update all documentation relating to business networks and systems relating to our LAN/WAN/Internet services.
- Maintain and support our Wireless networking solution (Aerohive) in all our offices.
- To contribute to and/or project manage IT projects
- Able to be innovative and suggest roadmaps to new technologies to enable the firm to reach their IT networking goals effectively in the future.
- Able to work long hours when the need arises, sometimes under tight deadlines and sometimes with a lot of pressure being applied from the business.
- Use the change control system to effectively plan, create and communicate upcoming changes
- Work with global IT team to provide troubleshooting support to users.
- Travel to international offices as required.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal office hours as required.
- Act as an escalation point and technical resource for the Service Desk, Network Team and other IT Technical Services Teams.
Skills and experience - essential
- knowledge (more than 5 Years) and experience of planning and maintaining complicated networks consisting of both LAN and MPLS WAN fabrics.
- Excellent knowledge of Networks and the TCP/IP Protocol - Subnets, Routing, Bridging, DHCP, DNS, NAT, IP4 and IP6 etc.
- knowledge of Cisco Call Manager and Call Manager Express.
- knowledge of dynamic routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
- Excellent knowledge of Wireless Networking is required, and preferably, some knowledge of Aerohive networking and APs (the candidate should at least be familiar with Cisco AP technologies).
- knowledge of the following technologies:
? Firewalls (MS UAG, Cisco and Checkpoint).
? Cisco and Brocade Network switches, routers and load balancers.
? Riverbed Steelhead appliances
? Cisco IP Telephony (Call Manager and CM Express)
? Kemp load balancers.
? Talari WAN virtualisation appliances.
? NetScaler ADC.
- Good knowledge of Skype for Business, Sonus gateways and Polycom telephony products.
- Good experience with AV equipment such as Crestron and Polycom.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, Microsoft desktop operating systems, E-mail clients, workstation, server and laptop hardware.
- Familiarity with Microsoft server operating systems, E-mail server systems and server virtualisation (VMWare).
- Cisco Associate (CCNA) credentials a minimum
Skills and experience - desired
- Cisco Professional (CCNP) desirable. The candidate should also be preferably working towards CCIE in some form.
- Certification in CheckPoint or other Firewall technologies (e.g. Palo Alto).
- ITIL Foundation level useful
- Prince 2 Practitioner or equivalent project management qualification also useful.
- Highly organised.
- Good analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with staff at all levels.
- Enthusiasm, drive and initiative.
Salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.