£23,199 - £25,183 per annum
Sovereign is a social business and one of the largest housing associations in the country. We provide over 55,000 homes for around 130,000 people in housing need across the south and south west of England and the Isle of Wight. We’re also a major developer of affordable housing, building around 1,500 new homes each year to rent or buy. Sovereign was formed in November 2016, as the result of a merger between Spectrum Housing Group and Sovereign.
Sovereign are looking for a Plasterer to work in the Poole area for Spectrum Property Care; to help supply complete repairs and maintenance packages to Sovereign's companies and to other housing associations, local authorities, schools and private landlords.
RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY DUTIES:
- Solid Plastering - Applying wet finished to surfaces and applying protective coverings like pebble-dashing on external walls
- Fibrous plastering - creating ornamental plasterwork, such as ceiling roses, cornices and architraves, using a mixture of plaster and short fibers shaped with moulds casts
- Dry Lining - tacking, filing internal plasterboard or wallboard partitions by fastening them together on a timber or metal frame ready for decorating
- Covering walls including repairs and restorations
- Artexing to include complete ceiling and patchwork repairs
As well as the above key duties, the Plasterer Multi is also expected to have demonstrable experience in one or more additional trades. These possible trades are; Carpentry, Bricklaying, Tiling, Painting and Decorating, Plumbing, Roofing, Ground work and Fencing.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
You should have a minimum of NVQ level 2 or equivalent in Plastering and have demonstrable experience in all aspects of this core trade. You will have experience of working in occupied premises and be able to demonstrate good customer care skills. The ability to use mobile technology such as iPad or PDA is essential. A current CSCS card is desirable.
Due to a requirement to travel within this role, candidates must hold a full and current driving licence that is acceptable to our insurers and have the ability to drive a company van.
The closing date for this role is 30/04/2017. All applications should be completed by the closing date.
To apply for the role of Plasterer Multi, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Plasterer Multi, Multi-Skilled Plasterer, Tradesperson, Multi-Skilled Tradesperson, Carpenter, Bricklayer, Tiler, Painter, Decorator, Plumber, Roofer, Ground Worker, Fencer, Plastering, Labourer, Interiors Finisher, Builder, Maintenance Technician, Dryliner, Joiner, Boarder, Tacker, Dabber.