Retail Assistant Manager/Deputy Manager
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum plus benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Assistant Store Manager/Deputy Manager to work and grow within a well-known blue chip company. With previous experience in a high turnover environment, you will be able to lead by example and will be a self-motivated leader. As the Assistant Store Manager, you will have acute awareness of your competitors and will be able to drive sales throughout your store and meet your KPI’s. Motivating and inspiring your team, you will have a passion for people and will ensure that the brand is represented to the highest standard at all times. This is a great opportunity to progress your management skills and have autonomy over your own store with a leading retailer.
You will be visionary in approach and encourage development within your team
- You will possess strong leadership skills and motivate and inspire your team to succeed and strive for excellence
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritise, anticipate changes and implement effective recommendations
- This is a superb opportunity to progress your management skills and have autonomy over your own store
- You will have a passion for service and a proven track record in managing and leading people
- Experience of training and developing your team
- Develops future strategy, effectively formulates action plans and gains others understanding and commitment to it
- Strong leadership skills, developing team working as well as encouraging personal development
- Strong interpersonal skills, coaching and mentoring management style as well as excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Commercial drive and awareness as well as the ability to prioritise, anticipate changes and implement recommendations
- Understands how best to carry out the role so that sales are maximised, costs are controlled and profit potential is increased
- Relays information to others in such a way that they fully understand the message and can act appropriately
- Places the emphasis on customer service and ensures that the highest standards are set and maintained in this field
- Works with others in a way that recognises their value and the shared nature of goals
- Ability to make thoughtful decisions, considering all options, applying appropriate analysis and being willing to take calculated risks
THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To develop future strategy and effectively formulate action plans
- Full profit & loss accountability of the store
- Manage store operations and ensure that customer proposition is delivered through store systems & procedures
- Completing regular performance reviews with team members and identifying training & development needs
- Stock management and delivery of productivity and shrinkage targets
- To recruit, train and develop your team and provide product availability and responsive, efficient, friendly and knowledgeable customer service
- To manage store operations so that customer proposition is delivered through store systems and procedures
- Manage the set up and maintenance of seasonal guidelines and planograms to ensure the everyday delivery of customer service
- To recruit, train and develop the store team to consistently provide product availability and responsive, efficient, friendly and knowledgeable customer service
- Responsible for optimising the performance of the store by enhancing the offer in line with competitor activity, local needs and seasonal opportunities whilst delivering the customer service
- Manage, deliver and exceed required level of sales as set by the company
- To ensure that at all times the store is safe and fully compliant with Health, Safety and Fire policy, procedures and retail legislative requirements
Our client is a leader in their sector, with great brand awareness and an even better product! Their presence in the UK retail market has grown considerably and continues to do so. They are a people focused business looking for highly capable Managers with exceptional leadership skills who passionately deliver performance through their people.
KEY WORDS: Assistant Manager, Deputy Manager, Trading Manager, Store Manager, Ambient Manager, Senior Manager, Food, DIY, Homeware
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail & HR recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people – we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: