Retail Sales Merchandiser - York
Applications are invited for the position of Retail Sales Merchandiser. The area includes Leeds, York, Hull, Scarborough and Coulby Newham (Teesside) and so therefore ideally the jobholder should be based in the York area.
Salary: Starting salary of £23,200 pa, rising to £24,400 pa after probation, including car allowance
Commission: £1,000 per annum, payable quarterly on achievement of targets
Hours: Monday to Friday; Up to 9 hours per day including travel time.
About the Company
Our client is a privately held company established for over 25 years and with a turnover of more than £1billion. Employing 800 people, the business distributes leading IT brands to a broad range of Resellers, Retailers and Office Product Dealers in the UK and operates from offices throughout the UK.
About the role
Candidate profile - you must
- Have a retail background, having worked for one of the major supermarkets
- Be a car owner and hold a full clean driving license
- Can work unsupervised in an organised manner
- Be PC literate, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have high personal standards of professional conduct
- Excellent communication skills
Our client is seeking an energetic and self- motivated merchandiser to be an integral part of their retail sales strategy and will represent them at store level.
Reporting to the Merchandise Manager, the jobholder will be required to visit designated retail stores daily to carry out the following duties with the aim of maximising sales revenue: -
- Visiting major retail outlets to an agreed call cycle
- Replenish stock to an approved planogram
- Increasing opportunities for sales
- Liaising and building relationships with store personnel
- Communicating and reporting via a tablet
- Effective journey planning and territory management