ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (part-time)
Our Client is an award winning commercial property practice based in Hertfordshire and London. They work for some of the best names in the UK. So, naturally, they are looking for the best people to join their team. They are seeking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to work at their office based in Watford.
The organisation offer an extensive range of services including; commercial property sales and lettings, retail acquisition and disposal services, rent reviews, lease renewals, commercial and residential property valuations, business rates mitigation, building surveying, planning and development consultancy and property management.
Under the direction of the Property Manager and Senior Accountant, you will take responsibility for the brought ledger for a defined portfolio of properties and will help to build working relationships with tenants to ensure the smooth running of the clients’ accounts.
This position is a part-time position which is 3 days a week, however hours can be flexible and 3 days can be split over 4.
- Raising weekly, monthly and quarterly rent and service charge demands to tenants.
- Daily checking numerous bank accounts and allocating receipts to the relevant tenants on the property management system.
- Allocating cheques and doing the banking.
- Liaising with tenants and chasing outstanding payments.
- Responding to tenant queries.
- Assisting the Property & Facilities Managers’ - running arrears reports etc.
- Assisting with VAT reporting - e.g. collating and copying invoices.
- Assist the Property Management Accountant with service charge and bank reconciliations.
- Provide cover for the PM Assistant on purchase ledger tasks when required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an accounts role.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles eg. Debit and credits. Some credit control experience preferred.
- Basic numeracy and excel skills required.
Application for this role is by CV.