Workshop Mechanical Engineer
PERMANENT WORKSHOP MECHANICAL ENGINEER – MILTON KEYNES - £44,189 + BENEFITS
• Are you a qualified Mechanical Engineer?
• Do you have a manufacturing background?
To service tooling and ancillary equipment to ensure the smooth and continuous running of the manufacturing area.
On a daily basis you will be involved in the following duties:-
• Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor.
• The re-refurbishment, preparation and repair of plant spares & equipment i.e. coater rollers, pumps, gearboxes, conveyors, pinchains, shafts etc.
• Assisting with Plant breakdowns i.e. pin chains, oven shafts, strappers etc.
• Assisting with line conversions i.e. palletiser conversion and size conversions.
• Use of ancillary equipment such as fork trucks as required.
• Involvement in working maintenance days.
• To carry out any task needed to improve the general performance of the Plant, 80% of the time is spent working in the workshop; the other 20% of the time is working on the shopfloor.
The ideal candidate must have:
• Qualification or Apprenticeship in a Manufacturing Mechanical Engineering discipline.
• Computer literacy.
• A manufacturing background in a high speed, high volume continuous process.
• Experience of working on some of the following: compressors, boilers, water tanks, rollers, pumps, gearboxes, conveyors, pinchains, shafts, grinders, lathes, manual millers.
Hours: Monday – Thursday 7.45am – 4.15pm and Friday 7.45am – 3.45pm.
Apply with your cv immediately or ring Diane Hoare on
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.