Churchill Howard is recruiting on behalf of a global FTSE 100 listed organisation in the West Midlands region.
They are looking to recruit for a newly created role within their Governance team at its head office location. This role is for a Governance Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Completion of key control/audit readiness reviews at locations globally.
- Actively participate in governance network and share governance best practice across the Division.
- Provision of technical advice on matters relating to financial governance, risk, internal control and compliance.
- Ad hoc provision of technical accounting support to divisional reporting hubs globally.
- Coordinate and support corporate audit activity across the division including input to the audit plan, audit scoping, fieldwork and agreement of management responses.
- Monitoring and supporting completion of governance action plans.
- Participate in monthly financial risk management meetings with the divisional Head of Governance and Regional Finance VP to ensure compliance with the key divisional governance metrics, and agree actions for re-mediation.
- Input to the divisional enterprise risk management process.
- Manage the process for the bi-annual group finance accounts certification and annual internal control certificate and quarterly status updates.
- Lead and participate on finance projects as and when required. This might include: framework and methodology, input into IT projects etc.
- Ability and credibility to liaise with senior finance professionals at divisional and group level.
- Excellent English (written and spoken).
- At least 4+ years in a relevant governance / audit role.
- Thorough knowledge of financial processes and best practice relating to governance and risk.
- Flexibility to travel Globally (25-50%)
Relevant qualifications may include accountancy qualification such as ACA / ACCA or equivalent.
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.