Head of Engineering
To help my Client with their growth, they are seeking a talented, passionate Head of Engineering. This is an opportunity to have a huge impact on the success of a growing, profitable business and to accelerate your career in the process.
My Client is looking for an individual who has a passion for great user experience backed with experience in implementing fundamental IT delivery and support process change at a leading level within multiple organisations.
This is an excellent opportunity for a person who is searching for a varied career in online applications.
This role will suit someone who is driven, intellectually curious, customer-centric and who relishes the opportunity to participate in the future growth of my Client's company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that good practice is followed by the team and the correct level of cooperation and coordination with product, quality assurance and IT operations teams is maintained.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to deliver a climate where continuous improvement and change can occur effectively
- Evangelising what the team does and the benefit it provides to the business
- Helping define effective measurements (KPIs) to measure success
- A software development background and a knowledge of modern web-based technologies.
- Leading agile development using either Kanban or Scrum
- Has implemented fundamental IT delivery and support process change at a departmental level at multiple organisations.
- Has rolled out Agile and Lean techniques across multiple teams in multiple contexts with a focus on Scrum and Kanban.
- Has demonstrable techniques for making change stick (Organisational change management).
- Recognises the benefits of optimising the whole product development process rather than just the IT development element, and works with appropriate stakeholders to achieve this.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills. Experience of communicating ideas and strategies to senior management teams.
- Fluent written/spoken English
- Prosci Change Management certified or APMG Certified Change Management Practitioner are desirable
- Knowledge of delivery frameworks such as Design Thinking, Six Sigma, Cynefin, Systems Thinking.
- Thinks strategically while being tactically proactive to achieve long term goals.
- A can do' attitude, constantly strives for self- improvement and learning
- Efficiently diffuses problems as they arise
- Helps and leads others in problem solving
- Takes ownership and responsibility to ensure successful results
- Recognises and adapts appropriately to changing conditions and requirements
- Business-focused with an understanding of the role IT plays in delivering business goals
- Not afraid to communicate their ideas and contribute positively to discussion
- Collaboration with the product team, participation in product delivery discussions with the senior management team.