This is an excellent position for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Commercial Insurance team in our Southampton Branch. You will be working with a team of Insurance professionals who are recognized as experts within their field.
The quality of our underwriters is pivotal to Allianz's success, as a key member of the team you will be able to learn the fundamentals of underwriting whilst developing your trading and soft skills. You'll be given opportunities to seek new business, develop existing relationships and renew existing cases. No risk is the same, so you'll need to use your strong analytical and communication skills, as well as technical knowledge to influence our brokers and develop strong trading relationships.
We offer a great environment to support and nurture personal and technical development, including participation in our award winning underwriting academy.
This opportunity is ideal for either someone just starting their career or someone looking to build on their current work experience to develop expertise quickly. Whilst your career at Allianz may start in underwriting, we offer a range of career paths covering Technical, Operational and Distribution.
Skills and Experience:
* Ideally Degree Qualified (business or numerically based subject would be an advantage)
* Minimum of 2 'A' levels grades A-C and 5 GCSE's grades A - C (including Maths and English) or equivalent
* Evidence of personal and professional development and commitment to further development
* You must enjoy interacting with others, building strong internal and external relationships and have excellent communication skills
* You should be confident handling, analysing and interpreting data
* You should thrive in a fast paced environment and get a sense of achievement meeting goals and targets
* Experience of working in the financial sector would be an advantage
Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
Strong customer focused
Resilient and able to work under pressure
Keen to progress and committed to developing a career
What we offer you:
* Circa £17,000- £21,000 base salary (dependant on experience), which is reviewed annually.
* Annual bonus scheme related to individual and company performance.
* Generous pension plan
* Competitive holiday allowance that increases with length of service, with the option of buying and selling up to 5 days holiday per year.
* Share purchase plan.
* Flexible benefits plan, giving the option to tailor benefits (such as dental insurance and private medical care) to suit individual needs.
* Excellent training and development opportunities including our Award winning Underwriting Academy which is CII accredited.
* Discounted Insurance products