Junior Systems Technician
£18,000 to £25,000
This is the chance for a recent graduate/junior Systems Technician to join a market leading company who work in the Media industry. They work with some of the biggest names in the industry and provide background software packages and graphics for public facing organisations that you will inevitably have come across.
The Systems Technician will be able to quickly comprehend complex issues and propose solutions, and work closely with project managers, software developers, animators and engineers to help deliver creative solutions. They need to be prepared to travel, and sometimes work unusual hours, so a full UK driving licence and a valid passport are essential.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Testing and configuring equipment for each project
- Keeping track of inventory and equipment levels across the company
- Simple electronics builds and making up custom cable lengths
- Attending installations both in the UK and globally
The Systems Technician will be a recent graduate with some experience of I.T. systems administration, building and maintaining computer hardware and network infrastructure and configuration. A keen interest in media, computing and video engineering technologies would be beneficial as well as a want to learn how to apply these skills to bring some of the world’s biggest media companies.
Skills / Experience
- HND or Degree qualified in Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Broadcast Engineering, Live Events Technology or similar
- Comprehensive I.T. skills including installing and configuring Microsoft Windows operating systems, PC hardware specification and assembly of network and router configuration.
- Demonstrable experience acting as part of a project team
How to Apply
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Daniel Frost at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*