Software Architect - Design & Delivery - C#.Net - MVC - SQL - Cambridge
Software Architect - Design & Delivery - C#.Net - MVC - SQL - Cambridge c£55,000 pa
Our international client is looking for an experienced Software Architect to join their expanding team. You will be responsible for all aspects of architectural design and development, delivered by the internal applications team or by external development partners. The role is a hybrid managerial/technical position where leadership and mentoring of junior staff are equally as important as highly developed technical capabilities. In addition, political astuteness, a customer-centric service ethic, commitment to quality delivery and an open, engaging, "can do" style are also essential.
The individual in this role will be inspirational, role model and technical leader to our internal development team in order to deliver high quality business applications. Often working hands-on, at all levels between the architectural design and the code, the individual will architect, manage, and deliver new application projects in addition to care and maintenance activities for existing systems. The team has grown significantly in recent years and professionally organised development processes are in place. The role requires the continuing development of these processes to ensure that the future work programme is delivered to an excellent quality standard, whilst ensuring that operational services levels are maintained. It is likely that this will involve the introduction and development of processes such as continuous integration, code coverage and user interface test automation.
It is expected that you will have sound experience of the following :
- Extensive demonstrable experience of architectural design and delivery experience for applications on the Microsoft or LAMP Stack (Microsoft preferable).
- Extensive architectural design and application development experience with Microsoft technology stack including .NET, C#, MVC, WCF, SQL Server, SharePoint and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Comprehensive knowledge of building robust, scalable and distributed systems on web, desktop, cloud (Azure) and mobile (Android and/or iOS) platforms.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Software design and skills multiple development languages, associated tools and industry standard patterns and practices.
- High level of experience in translating business requirements into solutions, writing functional specifications, and collaborating in the production of design documentation.
- Experience of writing design documentation with UML, MOSCOW, TOGAF or similar architecture frameworks.
- Experience with both waterfall and agile development methods.
Due to the number of applicants we can only respond to candidates matching the above criteria.