Senior Turbine Engineer
Our client is an established gas turbine specialist who have been operating in the UK & beyond for many years. Their innovative client solutions and customer focus have earned them an excellent reputation in the Turbine and Power Management sector. They are now recruiting for a Senior Engineer with vast industry experience to join their team providing technical support, presentations and assisting in the development of new repair solutions.
Responsible for technical aspects of industrial gas turbine overhaul, the gas turbine is inspected at component level and Engineering will assess which items are to be repaired or replaced.
The Engineering Department will provide data for turbine component repair and will work with the Purchasing Department and Supplier to achieve a suitable repair strategy.
The Engineering Department also provide Workshop support in the form of working procedures, engine build and strip issues and the supply of technical information to the Customer Support Manager for Customer queries.
Role & Responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing Technical and Documentation support to Workshop, Purchasing and Customer Support.
- Ability to identify & develop new repair solutions.
- Leading small multi-disciplined teams to complete projects.
- Working with suppliers to develop repair procedures.
- Compiling strip and build documentation for Workshop.
- Providing drawings for illustrations and reverse engineering of non-critical items.
- Working with Projects to define engine repair work scopes.
- Working with other managers and departments to ensure operational consistency.
- Supporting training of Engineering staff, Workshop staff and Apprentices.
- Providing technical presentations to customer for inspection / investigative reports.
- Supporting CSM or Sales team at Customers sites/facilities.
- Ideally you will be professionally qualified and/or have at least 2 years of experience in a gas turbine repair environment with recognized engineering qualification.
- A broad understanding of turbines/rotating equipment and/or associated components
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Understanding of lubricating oil and diesel fuel supply systems.
- Communicate confidently with internal personnel and external customers and suppliers.
- Compile factual technical reports with sufficient detail to satisfy the end user.
- Conversant with technical drawing standards and geometric tolerancing.
If you feel you can demonstrate these skills along with an excellent can do attitude in all aspects of the role we would be very keen to hear from you.