Senior Quality Engineer
An excellent opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer, our client conceives, designs and produces a diverse array of products that can be found in most homes, offices and vehicles. Founded in 1833 the company has made up of 17 business units, 20 000 employee-partners and 130 facilities in 19 countries. A strong emphasis on 'Total Shareholder Return’ we have a target of, and consistently achieve performance in the top third of S&P 500 with 46 consecutive annual increases in dividend yield.
The facility in Wales is located on the fringes of the Brecon Beacons National Park and with excellent road and rail links. The plant is only 15 miles from Swansea and the beautiful Gower peninsula and a little over 50 miles from Cardiff Airport. We have an organizational culture which recognizes the importance of work life balance.
The plant has attracted significant corporate and government investment, becoming a vertically integrated center of excellence in the manufacture of pneumatic seating systems. Not only can the organization boast an end user customer base which includes the most prestigious automotive manufacturers, but more recently our systems have been adopted by mainstream mass producers, which will take our turnover from £ 11m to £50m in a period of just 5 years.
We are a stable employer in the area for the last 50 years and comfortably achieving customer demand, we now candidates for key positions to support our impressive growth plans.
To drive performance improvements throughout the organization through application of problem solving processes and proactive quality systems
- Champion for quality related issues via the 8D process with their assigned scope of responsibility.
- Preparation and submission of PPAP to Customers
- Review daily, weekly and monthly data to identify waste drivers and improve overall quality targets.
- Organize and lead cross functional problem solving teams through root cause identification, verification and corrective action steps including preventive actions. Complete corrective actions.
- Utilize resources from appropriate departments to ensure effective, timely cross functional problem solving.
- Establish inspection, sampling and testing programs for raw materials, goods in process, and finished products. Establish reaction plan activities.
- Develop methods to check quality of new products and improve quality of existing products.
- Investigate and research substandard test results and product defects.
- Recommend changes in materials or processes to correct detected problems.
- Maintain records and reports in a concise manner, update documentation.
- Participate actively in the requirement to retain ISO/TS16949/ISO14001 certification.
- Responsible for knowing and upholding the H&S Policy and for working in a safe manner and reporting all unsafe or unhealthy conditions or acts
- Develop personal skills through education, training and development, to maintain professional qualifications.
- Comply with 5S standards and procedures.
- Complete any other assignments, duties and projects that may be assigned.
- Secondary School Education
- 1-3 years related experience within an ISO/TS16949 automotive manufacturing environment.
- Strong problem solving skills using advanced statistical techniques
- Knowledge of Automotive Core Tools
- Knowledge and experience of PPAP’s, Capability Indices and Control Charts
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office products