Operations Finance Manager
Cooper Lomaz have been engaged to recruit an Operations Finance Manager for an established but expanding business based in Peterborough. This is a new role which will be business facing, with the successful candidate visiting multiple sites to work closely with Operational teams including Business Unit Directors and Operation Directors. Within the role, there will be a real need to understand the key mechanics of each site, before producing detailed analytics on performance, using this to influence business decisions. This is a high profile role that is strategically important to the next phase of business growth and the post holder will be able to see their work develop first hand.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Development and Production of operational cost reports for each site with accompanying commentary for Op's Directors
- Review and improve yield report analysis, conversions and cost processes and controls
- Develop active KPI measurements and ensure that these are monitored locally at each site
- Forecast and Plan site operation expenses, reviewing these with operational teams to ensure targets are surpassed
- Maintain contact with Group Finance team for reporting purposes
- Support new system and process implementation
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with a background in commercial/operational finance. You will be an effective business partner with a proven background in influencing business decisions and planning with experience working with operational teams desirable but not essential. As Operational Finance Manager, you will need to work well with deadlines and will be able to work with & manage a small but dynamic team. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential given the level of interaction with the business.
For the successful candidate, this is a fantastic opportunity to make a role your own and as the business continues to expand, their may be the opportunity to support acquisitions as part of the business growth plan.