MS Access Database Developer
Microsoft Access Database Developer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for one of our established, highly regarded and forward thinking IT organisation that is seeking to expand its development team and recruit a Microsoft Access Developer. The ideal candidate will be extremely tenacious, motivated and proactive with a proven track record of working under pressure.
- Development of applications in MS Access front end with SQL back end
- User requirements gathering, solution design, implementation
- On site deployment and bug fixes
- Technical telephone, remote and email support.
- Experience of working in VB.net
- Detailed knowledge of SQL Server and SQL Server data tools
- Write and amend SQL queries, optimizing for speed and reliability
- Undertake customisation and development projects from proposal to deployment
- Provide advice on the best way to achieve requirements for both end users and reporting
- Ability to automate processes
- Analysis and interpretation of scoping documents, identifying potential concerns and recommending possible solutions
- Assist in resolving faults / issues occurring in the operation of software, especially those requiring greater expertise
They are looking for a candidate with minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role. Successful candidate will be expected to have a fluent and in depth understanding of MS Access capabilities as a front end development platform and be able to develop complex solutions from day one.
- Solid ability to develop applications in MS Access VBA (Forms, Reports, Queries, sub forms, user navigation, validation, lookups, conditional formatting, etc)
- 3+ years’ experience in similar development role with at least one year of relevant experience in the UK
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. be able to attend user requirement gathering meetings and discuss options with clients)
- Ability to think outside of the box and come up with creative solutions
- Have a can-do attitude (initiative to research/learn solutions to problems)
- Good level of Microsoft SQL knowledge (good understanding of data types, tables, views, stored procedures and functions)
The client is willing to move very quickly for the right candidate, so if interested please apply with your latest CV ASAP.