Portfolio Planning Lead, permanent, Leeds
If there is one thing that staff say about the company that is: it's a great and WELCOMING work environment!! The organisation cares about their staff and you will notice this from the moment you walk through the door. If you want to embark on a new challenge and work in the friendly environment, this is definitely the role for you!
This role is offered as a permanent position. Salary will be commensurate with relevant experience.
To succeed in the role of Portfolio Planning Lead, you need to have excellent ANALYTICAL skills. Ideally, you will have strong planning / Portfolio Planner, or Business Analyst experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist the business to identify, categorise and prioritise their portfolio of change which includes strategic programmes and projects.
- Understand key business drivers for each of the strategic programmes and projects
- Provide business support with respect to planning and synchronizing the portfolio
- Ensure that the appropriate reporting and analysis is in place to enable decision making when planning and synchronizing the portfolio
Knowledge and skills:
You will have:
- Proven organisational and planning ability - Good at working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good understanding of Project Management processes, tools and templates
- Able to build relationships at all levels
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team working, engagement and influencing skills
- Energy and resilience
- Good attention to detail and makes sure all outputs are of a sufficient quality
- Takes personal responsibility for own and teams tasks, establishing priorities and making sure things are completed in a timely manner
- Commercial and Customer Focus
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
Ideally, you will have:
- Proven experience working in a PMO or Project Delivery function with experience in a similar role in a blue-chip organisation (min 2 years)
- Knowledge and experience of project assurance, quality processes and procedures
- Held responsibility for managing a PMO
- Proven relationship management working across teams
- Commercial and Customer Focus
- Line management of staff, including training, mentoring and personal development
- PRINCE 2 or MSP Practitioner Qualified
- Qualified to an ITIL Foundation level
Outcome, Results and Key Performance Indicators will ensure that:
- There is a single trusted view of portfolio, resourcing and portfolio level dependencies
- Decisions can be made based on information supplied by the PMO
- Outputs are of a high quality and undergo reviews prior to being issued
- Governance processes, tools & templates are fit for purpose and continually reviewed
- Required reports and KPIs are in place with improvements being implemented when needed
- Customer and stakeholder satisfaction
- Contribution to the PMO & Governance, strategic programmes and wider Team objectives
This is a Lead role and you will have a chance to progress your career further in an exciting work environment. If this sounds like a good opportunity, we want to hear from you!!