I am now working with one of my key manufacturing clients based in Derby, who due to progression are now looking to recruit a H&S Engineer to work on a days shift pattern. This position comes with great career progression opportunities with a well known and growing organisation.
Based in Derby my client are the leaders in there specific field, and have a great repetition of career progression and customer service. They pride themselves on the quality of manufactured products with a strong focus on Heath & Safety. The company is based out of a purpose built manufacturing plant with a current workforce of circa 100 staff.
Based in Derby and reporting into the QHSE Manager as the H&S Engineer you will be challenged with improving the Health, Safety and Environmental across the Manufacturing Plant.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Planning equipment, process and product safety by use of HAZOP, PUWER, Safety Cases and Risk Assessment tools.
- Ability to identify & evaluate PPE for suitability, its use and how it may be maintained.
- Manage and identify waste streams for safe disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Emergency Response support on site with team.
- Assist in the development and training of HSE related tools, processes & procedures. (HAZOP, Risk Assessment)
- Conduct HAZOP's with a cross functional team and manage the actions.
- Manage risk assessments and support in providing expertise & knowledge of how to reduce likelihood of risks.
- Review process instructions to ensure that HSE aspects are covered.
- Ensure equipment is installed safely and in adequate surroundings for the operation.
- Walk the manufacturing floor on a regular basis to ensure procedures are followed.
- Audit site facilities and take part in auditing as part of the audit schedule IMS procedures.
- Perform incident investigations and provided detailed reports with findings, conclusions and action items.
- Have knowledge and force compliance of HSE regulatory requirements, including company policies & procedures.
- Support other areas of the HSE team on a day to day basis.
To apply for the position of H&S Engineer, based in Derby you will have:
Knowledge and experience of HSE systems including process safety.
Knowledge and application of problem solving and investigation techniques.
Ability to write investigation/incident reports.
3-5 years in a manufacturing facility practising process & product safety and its challenges.
Able to interpret 18001, 14001 and knowledge of regulatory requirements and HSE legislation.
NEBOSH and/or IOSH
The salary for this position will depend on experience with a guide line of £30,000 - £38,000.